Monday, September 15, 2008

Super Pet Adoption....

The doorbell rings...I jump out of bed wondering what time it could be and head to the door. It's my boyfriend, Matt. He's ready for the day ahead, staring at me probably thinking to himself, what is she still doing in bed at almost 11am? But I was still tired and wanted to jump back in bed. Matt however, had different plans for the day. "Remember", he asked, "You wanted to go see the pets today." He was right, I did ask him earlier in the week to go the pet adoption with me. Even though I don't have an apt. big enough for a dog now, as stated in a previous blog, I am on the lookout for one. While I recently decided I wanted an American Eskie, after going to this pet adoption and seeing all the different breeds of abandoned cats and dogs I've decided it doesn't matter the type. I would have taken any dog that day, had I been able to have a place for it. It brought tears to my eyes to see how many animals were there. There were so many beautiful cats and dogs without homes and without proper care. While it was a good experience, I don't think I'll go back until I can actually take one home with me. I would also urge all of you to look at the shelters when getting a pet.

1 comment:

The Curtis Family said...

AHHHH! Cute! Don't you just love it when they actually listen to what you have to say, and remember when you want things! Its the best! haha! I know how you feel about wanting a pet and not being able to have one! I want one so bad! We need an addition to our little family! oh well guess it'll have to wait! Love ya Tash!