Monday, October 20, 2008

Did That Really Just Happen?

You hit the "send" button, and continue on with your other tasks. Then it hits you. "Wait...did that really just happen? Did I really just do what I think I did?" And then you spend the next few minutes trying to convince yourself you didn't. You couldn't have! You're not that scatterbrained...right?
But then your worst fear is confirmed. You sent that embarrassing and/or damaging email to the WRONG person. Oops.
It happens frequently. I've been both the recipient and the sender in different instances. Some more damaging than others.
Trust me when I say...misdirected errant text messages and emails can cause quite the confusion and if sent at work can put much more at stake than just embarrassment.
I once received a text Does ur wife know? Recently, I sent a confidential email, while sent to the right person was also sent from a place easily accessible to others.
Let's hear your stories. You're welcome to post anonymously.

5 comments:

Ash + Dust said...

Ha ha... When my husband and I had been dating about 6 months or so, we were hanging out and then he left. I texted my friend "Oh my gosh! I think I love him!" Except I noticed right as I pushed send... it was not sending to Brooke but to Dustin! I was freaking out when he called me one minute later! I convinced him that I was asleep and my sister stole my phone and wrote that... except he didn't really believe me. He said I love you to me a couple days later.

Jennifer said...

Ok I have 2. #1... I was texting a friend about the basketball tickets I got Brian for his birthday... I sent it to Brian! I sent him another 5 text hoping he wouldn't get to the first one I sent first, then called him and had him promise he wouldn't read them.

and #2 I was sending an email to Brian that said "Hey baby, I just wanted to tell you I love you SOOOOOO much!" I accidentally sent it to the wrong Brian... MY BOSS!!! I quickly apologized and told him I typed in the wrong Brian. But hey, it could have been A LOT worse!

The Higginson's said...

Hey Tash! I was excited to see your comment on my blog and find out that you had your own! We all nee to get together soon. Give me a call!

Anonymous said...

#1
I was ready to leave a party and had gotten a ride with a friend... I sent my sister a text about how I was SO READY to leave the LAME party, but knew my friend wasn't ready and I was DYING. Of course, I thought to myself right before I sent it "don't send it to ___, don't send it to ___." I sent it to ___. Yeah.
#2
I was hanging up a phone call with my best guy friend, who I liked MUCH more than he liked me. After we said bye, I hit "end," and said (insanely, and for some reason aloud, with the phone still open toward my face) "I love you, by the way." I looked down, for no reason, and the call was still going! The phone was counting 2:30, 2:31, 2:32, 2:33... Kill me! I STILL don't know if he heard that...

Mower Family said...

Hey-
I found your blog through Charlee's, I went to high school with her. It is good to see what you are up to. We will have to go to lunch sometime to catch up or something.

Amber